Tuesday 20 November 2007

Allotmenticity - Tuesday 20th November
















I had the honour of "Spud Man" Mr C come down last week to unearth the first of the Maris Pipers. "The King of The Chippers" and we weren't disappointed. A fabulous tray of spuds headed off to the awaiting deep fat fryer repleat with fresh oil. We also dug a small square of Kerr Pinks and were rewarded with a huge bag of pink beauties.
Have you ever seen a gardener so well dreesed in a suit and tie???
I'm cooking for "The Legend That is Alvin Stardust and His Trusty War Horse" after rehearsals this week and they are keen on tasting some "Jewels of the Land". Having steamed a selection the other night I don't think they'll be let down.
Trouble is I'm now getting into the Xmas gig glut and time at No87 is becoming rarer. I don't have too much to do in terms of the ground, although I have got the felt for the shed roof, and will be picking up my glass panels soon.
But those taters are pretty damn good!
It's been suggested I sell bags alongside the CDs at the gig! Food for thought!
Rehearsals tomorrow then the gigs begin.
Later everyone.
The Captain.

2 comments:

Matron said...

Why don't you get Alvin and the boys to come down and help you dig? Now that would be a shopstopping photo to post on your blog!

frogprincess200 said...

Good to see your blog again, been missing it!